Plastic compounding of raw resins is a critical step in the commercial production of plastic products for the automotive, consumer electronics, and appliance industries. Indeed, compounding improves the quality and performance of resins and can lead to the development of higher performing substances. Continued R&D spending, a steadily improving economy, and rising demand for the development of environmentally safe resins will drive growth in this market over the next five years.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the North American market for compounded thermoplastic resins through its report The Plastics Compounding Market. According to the report, this market reached 89.82 billion lbs in 2012 and is expected to grow to 90.92 billion lbs in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to nearly 102.36 billion lbs by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate of 2.4% from 2013 to 2018.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the plastics compounding market.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Evaluate coverage of the major thermoplastic resins and thermoplastic elastomers; the resins include high-density polyethylene, low-density polyethylene, linear low-density polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, and engineering thermoplastics.
- Assess key plastics additives used in plastics compounding and advances in plastics compounding machinery/equipment.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
To order your copy of this report or to download the complimentary introduction chapter click here.