Biochip-based products have game-changing potential across a range of markets. Growth in next-generation sequencing-based diagnostics applications, use of lab-on-a-chip formats in point of care applications, and migration toward more integrated on-chip systems will impact everything from drug development to diagnostics. A shift in focus from R&D-related tools to clinical applications that are accurate, easy to use, low cost, and suitable for automation will drive tremendous growth in this market over the next five years.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global biochip market for through its report Global Biochip Markets: Microarrays and Lab-on-a-Chip. According to the report, this market was valued at $3.3 billion in 2012 and is expected to increase to nearly $3.9 billion in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to reach $14.3 billion in 2018, and register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 30% for the period 2013 to 2018.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for current and emerging biochip technologies and products.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates through 2018.
- Evaluate characterizations of biochip markets by type, function, and end-user.
- Assess the main commercial biochip technologies and the commercial potential for each of the key market segments.
- Examine factors that influence the market, including demand drivers, industry alliances and acquisitions, applications in diagnostics and drug discovery, and customer needs.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
To order your copy of this report or to download the complimentary introduction chapter, click here.