In a rapidly evolving field such as medical technology, terms such as new and emerging are clearly relative. Many diagnostic technologies have been introduced in the last few years, but new technologies are being introduced continually, superseding them.
With this fact in mind, this report pragmatically defines emerging diagnostic technologies as those that are only in limited commercial use and/or under development as of 2012. Technologies that are in the early stages of development, and in BCC’s judgment, unlikely to be commercialized before 2017 are not addressed in detail.
Also included are certain technologies, such as telemedicine, that have been in use for more than a few years, but which have the potential to cause a fundamental or paradigm shift in the way diagnoses are performed.
This report provides:
- An overview of emerging diagnostic technologies, emphasizing the U.S. market in the context of efforts to rein in the cost of healthcare through improved diagnosis and early treatment
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Discussion of enabling techologies, including wireless, sensors, robotics, and artificial intelligence
- A breakdown of end-user segments, such as hospitals, physician practices, home care, and military
- Examinations of markets by type of technology and end-user groups
- A focus on emerging MRI technologies, tomographic and nuclear medicine technologies, digital X-ray technologies, terahertz radiation, and hybrid technologies
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players
- Patent analysis.
Use this report to:
- Identifying the new diagnostic technologies with the greatest potential to influence the diagnostic market in the near to mid-term (2012-2017)
- Analyzing the key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for these technologies over the next five years
- Estimating the current and future demand for each of these technologies
- Highlight the roles played by key players in the market.
To provide further information about this report we offer a Complimentary Introduction, available from our Website. To download, simply click here, go to the Table of Contents tab, add the complimentary introduction to your cart, and confirm your order.