Ongoing limitations of electronic integrated circuits (ICs) in pursuit of more transistors over a single silicon substrate has spurred the industry to find an alternative. To that end, photonic ICs were developed to provide high speed with decreasing size and high-end functionality. Technological advances, cost reductions, and increasing commercial demand will drive tremendous growth in this market for the foreseeable future.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global market for photonic IC technology through its report, Photonic Integrated Circuits: Technologies and Global Markets. According to the report, this market was valued at $165.3 million in 2012 and $206.5 million for 2013. BCC Research expects the market to grow to $866.4 million by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate of 33.2% from 2013 to 2018.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for photonic IC technology.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Assess a breakdown and analysis of the photonic integrated circuit market by application, by components, and by materials.
- Evaluate the market in terms of supply chain, value chain, and future outlook and expectations.
- Review company profiles of major players in the industry.
To order your copy of this report (or any of its chapters) or to download the complimentary introduction chapter, click here.