Government regulations and industry standards require manufacturers to add flame retardant chemicals to a wide range of everyday products. Ironically, many of these chemicals, which are meant to save lives and protect property from damage caused by fires, have themselves been proven harmful to humans and the environment. The development of new technologies such as non-toxic and environmentally friendly nanocomposites and synergistic formulations are expected to gain market share over the next five years. Cost, performance, and the push toward more green and non-toxic products are just some of the trends fueling the growth in this market.
BCC Research provides a comprehensive analysis of the global market for flame retardant chemicals through its report Flame Retardant Chemicals: Technologies and Global Markets. According to the report, global consumption of flame retardant chemicals is estimated at 4 billion lbs for 2013. BCC Research projects the market to reach 5.2 billion lbs in 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate of 5% for the period 2013 to 2018.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for flame-retardant chemicals, with coverage of plastics, textiles, wood/paper, coatings/paper, coatings/construction, and coatings/decorations market applications.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2008 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Review government regulations and their impact on the market, as they require manufacturers to add flame-retardant chemicals to a wide range of everyday products.
- Discuss industry structure, including major suppliers.
- Evaluate chemicals by retardant mechanism, by chemical type, and by end-use application.
To order your copy of this report (or any of its chapters) or to download the complimentary introduction chapter, click here.