Shipping is used to move more than 80% of the world’s commodities and transfers three to five billion metric tons of ballast water every year. Ballast water is essential to the safe and efficient operation of shipping, but also poses serious ecological, economic and health threats due to the inadvertent transfer of invasive aquatic species. A steadily improving global economy, existing and pending governmental legislation, as well as stringent regulation on local and regional levels will shape tremendous growth in this market over the next five years.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global market for ballast water treatment equipment through its report Ballast Water Treatment: Technologies and Global Markets. According to the report, this market was valued at nearly $1.4 billion in 2012 and $2 billion in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $8.5 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate of 32.9% from 2013 to 2018.
RSS Feeds – Membrane and separation technology
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for ballast treatment technologies, including solid-liquid separations, chemical treatment, and physical treatment.
- Analyze market trends for four world regions, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs for the five year period, 2013 to 2018.
- Assess legislative and other drivers by region and a discussion of pending International Maritime Organization regulations.
- Examine a patent analysis that reveals technical developments and firms with leading intellectual property portfolios.
- Review a comprehensive company profiles of more than 40 key players in the market.
To order your copy of this report (or any of its chapters) or to download the complimentary introduction chapter, click here