An environmentally friendly alternative to dependency on hydrocarbon-based fuels, proton exchange membrane fuel cells have become an increasingly attractive power source for transportation, stationary distributive power, and portable electronic products. They are also providing a cost-effective alternative to lithium ion/polymer-based batteries. Technological advances, rising demand for premium portable power, and increasing regulation will drive significant growth in this market over the next five years.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global market for PEMFCs and membrane electrode assemblies through its report Materials for Proton Exchange Membranes and Membrane Electrode Assemblies for PEM Fuel Cells. According to the report, this market was valued at $444 million in 2012. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $1.2 billion by 2017, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate of 22.1% from 2012 to 2017.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for materials for proton exchange membranes and membrane electrode assemblies for PEM fuel cells.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of CAGRs through 2017.
- Assess the market and technology landscape for the materials and technology of proton exchange membranes and electrode assemblies, and for bipolar plates for PEMFCs, including direct methanol fuel cells.
- Evaluate the history and advancing technology of these components, the companies involved in these developments, the current and projected incentives, and the projected markets for such technologies.
- Examine patent analysis and discussion for power sources and vehicle components, emphasizing intellectual property issues
- Review comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
To order your copy of this report or to download the complimentary introduction chapter, click here.