Recent advances in imaging technology have introduced handheld (pico) or smartphone/tablet-integrated video projectors that free the user from the cost and burden of cumbersome equipment. While the availability of picoprojectors has primarily affected the market for consumers and small businesses, this emerging technology has opened the door to novel applications in sectors as diverse as healthcare, manufacturing, and aviation. Significant near-term growth in this market will be driven by increased research and development spending, consumer demand for more portable devices, and the increasing integration of picoprojectors in mobile handsets.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global markets for picoprojectors systems and devices through its report Picoprojectors: Technologies and Global Markets. According to the report, this market was valued at $491.4 million in 2012 and $776.1 million in 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $5 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 44.9% from 2013 to 2018.
RSS Feeds – Semiconductor manufacturing
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for picoprojectors, including standalone, pocket-sized display devices or systems embedded in hardware.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Evaluate increased portability of standard projection uses, improved social sharing of smart-multimedia, and industrial integration of projection.
- Assess industry structure, trends in price and price/performance, market restraints and challenges, and technologies, including patent evaluations.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of picoprojector suppliers and other industry players.
To order your copy of this report (or any of its chapters) or to download the complimentary introduction chapter, click here.