Microscopes themselves are a multi-billion-dollar industry, but their true importance lies in the activities they make possible, such as life sciences research, microelectronics, advanced-materials science, and nanotechnology. The market for microscopy technologies is driven by their application within these industries.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global markets for microscopes and accessories through its report Microscopy: The Global Market. According to the report, this market was valued at $3.8 billion in 2012 and is estimated at $4 billion for 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to nearly $5.4 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6% from 2013 to 2018.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for microscopes and accessories, with coverage of optical (light) microscopes, electron microscopes, scanning probe microscopes, and other types (e.g., focused ion beam, confocal).
- Understand the recent developments in microscopy technologies and applications and their impact on the industry.
- Learn about the structure of the market for various types of microscopes and microscope accessories.
- Identify the key demand drivers and project the future demand for different types of microscopes.
- Evaluate the technical and other challenges that must be overcome for the market to realize its full potential.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
To order your copy of this report (or any of its chapters) or to download the complimentary introduction chapter, click here.