Thin-film sensors are a segment of the thin-film industry that has been characterized by very steady growth during the past 30 years. Sensors for medical, biomedical, and general wellness represent by far the largest share of the market. Miniaturization trends within the electronics industry, the availability of advanced processes, and the evolution of nanotechnology will shape growth in this market over the near term.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global market for thin-film sensors through its report Global Markets and Technologies for Thin-Film Sensors. According to the report, this market was valued at $2.1 billion in 2012 and is estimated to decline to nearly $2 billion in 2013. However, BCC Research projects the market to grow to nearly $2.4 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate of 3.8% from 2013 to 2018.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for thin-film sensors.
- Analyze global market trends with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Assess how ongoing miniaturization in the semiconductor industry continues to affect other sectors, including the sensors and instrumentation sector; advances in thin-film technologies are leading to the increased use of these fabrication methods for manufacturing miniaturized sensors or special coatings for bulk sensors.
- Identify various types of thin-film sensors that are currently commercially available.
- Examine market growth trends based on industry growth and regional trends.
- Review a summary of patents related to various types of thin film sensors and their fabrication methods and applications.
To order your copy of this report (or any of its chapters) or to download the complimentary introduction chapter, click here.