Advances in machine vision (MV) technology, including smart cameras and vision-guided robotics, have increased the scope of the market for MV systems components, leading to wider application across all sectors of the economy. Shifting customer preferences for various product features resulting in smaller, more powerful, and easier to use systems will drive this market over the short term. In addition, technological factors such as increasing requirements for quality control, productivity, and cost effectiveness will continue to spur long-term demand.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global markets for MV system components through its report Global Markets for Machine Vision Technologies. According to the report, this market was estimated at $13.5 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach $15.2 billion in 2014. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $23.5 billion by 2019, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9% from 2014 to 2019.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for machine vision (MV) system components.
- Analyze the global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) from 2014 through 2019.
- Examine the global market for the various components that make up an MV system, as well as the advances in MV technology that have facilitated and accelerated varied applications for industrial as well as nonindustrial use in the near future.
- Discuss the structure of the industries involved in the research, development, design, and manufacture of MV components and systems.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of major manufacturers.
This study covers the technologies involved in MV systems, such as components that constitute a workable MV system, recent advances in the technologies involved, various traditional and emerging applications, and global markets for these technologies and applications. This report will be useful for manufacturers of MV systems and components, systems integrators, design and application engineers, various industries and agencies needing MV systems, traffic and transport planners, and security system planners.