The growing consumption of cigarettes in developing and poor countries is increasing the mortality rate and health hazards associated with smoking. In addition, the demand for smoking cessation medicines has grown substantially in the developed markets of North America and Europe. These conditions are expected to drive the market for smoking cessation medicines in both developed and developing countries as well as emerging markets in the foreseeable future.
BCC Research provides an in-depth analysis of the global markets for smoking cessation medicine through its report, Medicines for Smoking Cessation: Global Markets. According to the report, this market was valued at $2.11 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach $2.12 billion by 2013. BCC Research projects the market to grow to $2.5 billion by 2018, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% from 2013 to 2018.
Use this report to:
- Gain an overview of the global market for medicines used to quit smoking and cope with nicotine withdrawal symptoms.
- Analyze global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discuss the history and current state of smoking cessation methods, worldwide trends in smoking, and mechanisms of actions such as nicotine replacement therapy, nicotine receptor partial agonist, and antidepressants.
- Evaluate a list of pipeline products and focus on promising pipeline candidates, as well current patents and new applications.
- Review comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
This report is intended for executives of pharmaceutical companies who are currently marketing smoking cessation aids; executives of companies that provide third-party manufacturing and development facilities for smoking cessation medications; manufacturers of gum base, resins, alkaloids, and other raw materials for the manufacture of nicotine replacement therapies; developers of novel nicotine delivery systems; and tobacco companies that intend to enter the tobacco transformation market. This study will also benefit entrepreneurs, management consultants, and merger and acquisition (M&A) consultants; financial institutions, venture capitalists, and angel investors; manufacturers and exporters of alternate smoking cessation aids; and government agencies, public health departments, and organizations working in tobacco prevention and control.
To order your copy of this report or its chapter(s) click here.
To download the complimentary Introduction of this report or to explore the detailed Table of Contents, click here.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions pertaining to this report.