Since the creation of the sensor and integrated circuit (IC) industries both have steadily delivered greater value to their customers by increasing the functionality of their products while reducing unit costs. Today, we see the results of the convergence of sensors with new products in the form of video games that replace controllers with hand motions, blood-sugar monitoring devices that requires diabetics to draw less blood and a host of less visible industrial products. This BCC Research study examines one important class of those industrial products that have benefited from the sensor-microdevice convergence: portable analysis instrumentation (PAI).
In many applications PAIs held the promise of being truly transformational, although not all applications would see the technology mature at the same rate. In environmental monitoring PAI technology rapidly reached its natural plateau, offering sufficient selectivity and sensitivity for intended end-users.
This report provide:
- An overview of several identified categories of portable analysis instrumentation and several application areas in which field-based portable analysis instrumentation can effectively be used
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Discussion of the industry on a worldwide basis, from a product perspective as well as a technology perspective
- Examination of regulations in the U.S. and global markets to identify consumer safety, product introduction, and product safety regulatory issues for stakeholders and potential stakeholders in this industry
- Consideration of current trends and other available data indicating company, product, and application stability or instability
Use this report to:
- Distinguish among basic types of PAIs based on their fundamental analytical capabilities, chromatography, spectroscopy, etc
- Forecasting country-level demand for 51 national economies, including China-Hong Kong as a separate national economy from China-Mainland
- Forecast the market demand for portable analysis instrumentation by dollar and unit sales
- Highlight the roles played by major stakeholders and players.
To provide further information about this report we offer a Complimentary Introduction, available from our Website. To download, simply click here, go to the Table of Contents tab, add the complimentary introduction to your cart, and confirm your order.